The value of a commercial property is directly related to how appealing it is to the eye. Potential buyers, tenants, and investors may be drawn to a property that has been well-kept and is aesthetically pleasing. Commercial landscaping is crucial for improving a building’s curb appeal and has a significant effect on property values.
In this article, we’ll look at how commercial landscaping can impact property values and give you some advice on how to enhance the landscaping on your property to increase its value.
The Benefits of Commercial Landscaping
Let’s first examine the general advantages of commercial landscaping before getting into the specifics of how it may affect property values. Having a well-kept commercial landscape offers a number of advantages, including:
- Potential Buyers and Tenants: A beautiful landscape can give visitors a good first impression, which can help draw them to your property.
- Increasing Curb Appeal: A well-kept landscape can significantly enhance the appearance of a commercial property, making it more appealing to onlookers and potential buyers.
- Enhancing Employee Productivity: Research has shown that workers who are surrounded by beautiful surroundings are more productive, have higher morale, and take fewer sick days.
- Improving Energy: Trees, shrubs, and other landscaping features can offer natural shade and cooling, reducing the need for artificial cooling and heating. This improves energy efficiency.
- Mitigating Noise Pollution: Landscaping can help mitigate noise pollution, increasing the property’s appeal to prospective tenants or buyers.
- Increasing Property Value: A well-planned and kept-upon landscape can greatly raise the value of a piece of real estate.
How Commercial Landscaping Affects Property Values
Let’s get into the specifics of how commercial landscaping can impact property values now that we’ve looked at its advantages.
- Boosts the value of properties: Commercial landscaping can considerably raise a property’s value. Studies show that a well-planned landscape can boost a property’s value by up to 20%. Furthermore, homes with lush landscaping typically sell more quickly than those without.
- Enhances Initial Impression: Potential buyers or tenants can get a good first impression from commercial landscaping. A property’s appearance can be improved with a well-kept landscape, which could help it draw in more prospective tenants or buyers.
- Brings in Luxury Tenants: A property with lovely landscaping is more likely to attract high-end tenants. They frequently search for a home that embodies their values and understand the value of making an investment in a well-kept yard.
- Lowers the vacancy rates: Vacancy rates are typically lower for properties with well-kept landscaping than for those without. An attractive landscape can help draw tenants and keep them for longer periods of time thanks to the favorable first impression it makes.
- Brings in more rental income: An attractive landscape can boost a property’s rental income. Studies show that rental rates for homes with lovely landscaping can be up to 7% higher than those without.
Commercial landscaping can enhance property values, draw in prospective tenants or buyers, and boost rental income. By making an investment in a well-planned and well-maintained landscape, you can raise the curb appeal of your home, increase worker efficiency, and reduce noise pollution. Consider working with a professional landscaping company, selecting the appropriate plants, incorporating hardscaping elements, making an investment in lighting, and maintaining your landscape on a regular basis if you want to increase the value of your commercial property.
Deeter Landscape offers professional landscaping services including landscape design, routine maintenance, stone masonry work, paver installation, retaining structures and outdoor living spaces. Our team of trained experts will help prepare your property for new construction, drainage, and many other applications. We are fully licensed, local, and insured to take care of all of your land and property needs. Our estimates are always free, and we treat our clients just like our own family.